1. Responsible in the sense of data protection law:
2. Data protection officer
3. Your Rights
- You have the right to obtain information from the University about the data stored about you and/or to have incorrectly stored data corrected.
- You also have the right to request deletion or restriction of processing or the right to object to processing.
- You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the law
The competent supervisory authority is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of Baden-Württemberg.
4. Collection and storage of data for internal system and statistical purposes.
The provision of personal data in the Online Study Choice Assistants of the University of Freiburg is voluntary. You can always visit our website without telling us who you are. You remain completely anonymous as a person. e.g.
To record and evaluate data that helps us to optimize OSA, we use the web analysis Matomo. We make every effort to ensure that this system is used in accordance with data protection regulations. The following data is transmitted to Matomo:
- Name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Website via which you visit us
- OSA pages you visit on our site
- some information about the computer on which you use our offer (screen resolution, operating system)
If you want to disable the recording of this data, you can switch off the use of Matomo here:
5. Storage of data on the status of your processing
Your entries during the processing of the OSA (answers to the expectation test, the interest test, the study quiz and the tasks as well as the respective total score achieved) are stored on your device in the local memory of the browser. This information is therefore stored exclusively on your device so that you can interrupt the processing if necessary. You can delete the complete session data of the current OSA at any time here. You will then have to edit it again.
Your details in the OSA have no influence on your application for a place at the University of Freiburg, and the University of Freiburg does not pass on any data to third parties.
6. Feedback formular
The submission of the feedback form is anonymous, neither name nor e-mail address are collected.
7. Embedded content from other websites
Contributions on this website may contain embedded content (e.g. videos, pictures, articles etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor had visited the other website.