Professional Options after Forest Sciences
The M.Sc. Forest Sciences is an internationally accredited programme that prepares graduates for a range of employment opportunities depending on the choice of Core Modules, Elective Tracks, the Internship and the Master’s thesis.
The English taught MSc Forest Sciences program qualifies graduates for positions in development cooperation and technical assistance, forest management, timber or carbon markets, research, or advisory services. The German program track offers preparation for the classic forestry activities* in Germany.
Potential employment opportunities:
- International development aid organizations and many others in the field of forest, nature and resource management
- Nature conservation, land development and land management
- Management of corporate and cooperative forests
- Private forest administration
- Timber sales and timber trade
- Universities and research institutions
- Forestry offices and experimental stations
- Independent forestry experts
- Consultancy (enterprises, associations, companies, politics etc.)
- Management and executive positions in state forest service (“higher forest service)
*with the choice of the profile line “Forestry” the requirements for the higher service can be fulfilled.